Happy New Year! Happy New Decade! The 2020’s is upon us and I’ve been thinking of some goals for this year. To keep it brief, I’ve only included 3 related to the spiritual life:
1) Devotion Time in the Morning
Having devotion time early in the morning has worked best. Jesus practiced early morning devotion: And rising very early in the morning, while it was still dark, he departed and went out to a desolate place, and there he prayed. (Mark 1:35 ESV). If the devil can’t make you bad, he will make you busy.
2) Develop a Mental Model / Timeline of the Gospel Events
I found a pamphlet that lays out the events of the Gospel. There’s a side by side comparison and references so that I could follow along. It’s a lot easier to wrap my head around the life of Jesus when the events are in a chronological order.
3) A Consistent Sabbath day
Number Four on the Big Ten is: “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor, and do all your work” (Exodus 20:8-9).
2019 New Year Christian Goals Related to Fitness and Faith:1) Get Back to Full Physical Health. Body is a Temple of the Holy Spirit.
2) Get 7-8 Hours of Sleep a Night. Trust in God in the allotted time.
3) Chronological Bible Read Thru. Develop a Strong Mental Map of Bible Events.
4) Spending Time in Silence with God. Start with 2 minutes of Being Still.